Lesson Plan Reflection

 Lesson Plan Reflection

I learned a lot this week/module about lesson planning. Not only in this class but in my other classes as well. This week was super eye opening when it comes to how much work goes into planning a lesson. I grew as a teacher because I learned how to write lesson plans, how to align lesson plans to standards, how to provide accommodations to students, write assessments, and so many other things. All of these pieces go together to form a lesson plan. Although the lesson plan that I wrote is far from perfect, I loved being able to take it step by step and plan out a lesson for my future students. I looked at every aspect that goes into make and conduct a lesson to students. I realized how many parts go into it and how much time it takes to write one. I definitely grew as a teacher because I am now working to perfect my lesson planning skills, instead of being in the dark about lesson planning all together.


I have a few goals that I want to work on when it comes to lesson planning in my future here at Eastern. The first being, being more creative with content. I am someone who struggles to create engaging content, and obviously as a teacher you need to be able to do that. I also need to work on finding parent/community connections for each lesson. That is one aspect of lesson planning that I find challenging as well as the researched based practice. My lesson planning is very far from perfect, but I am working towards becoming better so that I can be a great teacher for my future students.

Katie Byers









Comments