I feel that I have personally grown a lot during this last week as a future teacher because I learned how to write good assessments. I learned again about validity and reliability when it comes to assessments and how important it is to make sure that the tests that I give my students fall under these categories. I also learned about the two purposes of assessment, formative and summative. Knowing when to use informal and formal versions of both formative and summative assessments is important. We learned about how formative assessments are used for making instructional decisions, and summative assessments are used after the lesson to assess students understanding of the content. We also learned about modifying tests for students with disabilities. This was something that I really took in, as I am a Special Education Minor and plan to work with some of these students in the future. I feel like by going over the different types of assessments, how to administer them correctly, how to write them, and how to modify them, I have grown as a future educator.
Because we are only two quarters into the Education Program, I do not feel that I am facing really any big challenges in my growth as a future educator just yet. I have been struggling just a bit with lesson planning, but like I said it is just the beginning and I will get better with it over time and lots and lots of practice. I feel that that's how most things are going to go with becoming an educator, just taking time to practice everything a lot, and we will all get better over time.
Comments
Post a Comment