Growth in Assessment
We have learned so much assessment in these past couple weeks. First, we talked about the different types of assessment and ways to implement them in classroom. We talked about early assessment, different types of formal vs informal assessment, ways to collect data with students, standardized and non standardized tests, and so much more. I have grown to know how to implement these types of assessment in the classroom and different creative ways to accomplish this. There are many types of assessment that can be tricky to collect data on in the classroom due to not crossing certain boundaries and trying your best to gain your students trust. I learned about ways to do this the correct way and feel that I have grown as a teacher because of this.
This week we specifically learned about assessment bias and the ways that they can be prevalent in the classroom. Us as teachers need to be aware of bias and how it can effect us. We need to be able to put our biases aside when creating assessments for students because it can cause negative effects. Validity, and reliability all play into it. I have learned so much as an educator from learning about assessment bias because I now know how to avoid it in my future classroom.

Comments
Post a Comment