What are some interesting discoveries that you had about assessment this quarter?
I have learned so much about assessment this quarter. I have learned how much time and effort goes into creating assessment and how important they are to measure student learning. We talked about validity and reliability and crucial it is to make sure that all of the assessments that we create for our future students are reliable and valid. We talked about how many different types of assessments there are, and boy did I have no idea how many types there are. Theres formal vs informal, summative and formative, standardized and non-standardized, and many more. One large take away that I got from this course was how we need to make sure that bias isn't prevalent in our assessments. Bias is something that we can totally be unaware of at times, but as teachers, we need to constantly be watching and checking ourselves to make sure that we don't have any biases because they can have some major negative consequences. Overall, I learned so much about assessment this quarter and it is something that I will take with me throughout my career.
-Katie Byers
Comments
Post a Comment